Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Back in Dublin!

Hi Everyone!

Back in Dublin again! :) This time I have a home for 8 days...yay!

I've checked into National College of Ireland in Dublin's Financial District and I start my official University College Dublin meetings tomorrow. I can't chat long tonight because I have to be up at 6am, showered and ready to catch the bus by 7:30. For those of you who know me well...this is very difficult for me. I'm not a morning person...tea and bickies here I come! But I'm excited to learn some more about Irish Student Services. And I know have a better base for asking questions after attending the conference.

I'll write more tomorrow. Sorry so short. Gotta go to bed...only 6 hours until I have to be alive, bright eyed and bushy tailed.

Meg

Ps. I'll post pictures of "The Shining Hotel," the conference sign with all of the Butler peeps, and tell you about my conference presentation in the next post. But for now...it went really well, and I was very excited that Jarod and I were accepted so well and had great attendance. I'll leave you with these final details to make you come back for more... a. there almost weren't enough seats in the room, b. we had a very high profile American Higher Education Theorist in our presentation...and c. we rocked it out!

5 comments:

  1. WOOHOO, I knew you would do it !!!! Was the theorist someone that you had studied at FSU ? How exciting !! Did anyone come up and talk to you afterwards ? OK, you had me at a.... Want to hear all about it !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Meg, I knew you could do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meg, That last comment was from Moggie, it took her awhile to type that correctly so her fun meter was maxed. But I showed her Jarod and told her about your presentation, she wanted to know if you were "shy" in front of all those people. I told her no, and wanted to tell her "you will be just like her when you grow up" but I will save that for another time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! Thanks Moggie for the sweet words. I appreciate you typing a message to me. You know you're my munchkin. :)

    Mogs,
    I was a little nervous in front of all those people, but took a deep breath and just talked to them. You have to look people in the eye and smile. They're just interested in what you are saying, and it is better if you make some jokes too. :) I know you'll be good at talking in front of people too one day. You always make people laugh and think you're cute. :)

    Loves ya!
    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  5. The theorist wasn't an FSU person. He is a professor at Iowa State. He has done a lot of research into assessment and students on campuses. Very good speaker. His name is John Schuh. :) I'll type up a post for this all...
    Loves ya!

    ReplyDelete