Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Well my predictions came true.

Alas dear friends, your good thoughts and hopeful wishes did me no good.

I am at home still as I got to the airport and was weather delayed enough that I would miss my connecting flight in Atlanta. So after 5 hours at the DC airport, I was rebooked and my dad picked me up and brought me home. I leave (for real) tomorrow in the afternoon. Hopefully my bags made it to Atlanta and/or Dublin.

Right now I'm working on laundry so that I can re-wear the outfit that I had picked out for my plane ride (since those are the only clothes to my name right now). I'm sleeping in borrowed pjs and will head to bed soon.

Make some more good thoughts for me! Maybe if everyone thinks good thoughts at 3pm tomorrow there won't be rain and thunder/lightning storms that keep my plane grounded. PLEASE! :)

Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Meg,

    So sorry to hear of your initial struggles. I am sure you will gte back on track! We miss you already, but know you are about to have the time of your life! Best to you on your second attempt... YOU CAN DO IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meg...what can I say but I'm proud of you and Butler is lucky to have you on their staff! I know that Ireland is going to be better with you visiting and you will bring a little bit of the USA along. Have fun, stay safe, and we'll see you in two weeks
    Love ya...Dad

    ReplyDelete