Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Conference Presentation Tomorrow!

Wish Jarod and I luck tomorrow at 10:30 am Ireland...or during your dreams in America. :)

We worked tonight for about 4 hours on our presentation tweaking and twisting it into what we hoped to explain about America, First Year Experience and Programming in 20 minutes. Lord help us! Oh well...I'm sure it will be fine. We have fun pictures and stories to tell...now just to be able to answer their questions.

Sorry I haven't posted recently, but really I haven't done much beyond attend conference sessions, take notes with tons of questions to ask the people I will be meeting with later this week and next, and then visit with the other people from the Irish schools. :)

Tomorrow is the last day of the conference, so I have to pack, and get ready to head back to Dublin to move into my new digs at the National College of Ireland in Dublin's Financial District downtown. Jarod and I will be neighbors and get to hang out some more after work hours. I'm so thankful that he's around and we can catch up and learn about Irish universities together. We've also made friends with locals around here from IT Sligo, and will be trading post and treats with a woman named Tarha. We were talking food recipes for sweets and savories this whole weekend...and she mentioned she can't get some things here and we said the same. So we'll have our own little international food exchange. YAY!

Jarod and I took some creepy pictures of the hotel tonight after our conference dinner, so those will be posted soon.

Otherwise, I'm going to go enjoy a nice bath in the tub here before I head to bed.

Talk to "yous" (another new Irish term) soon.

Gnight!
Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment