Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Two weeks in Ireland...? Yes, please!

In less than a week, I fly to Dublin! YAY!

I've been sent on my way by the VP of Student Affairs at Butler...(Thank you LJ!) to Ireland to visit the University College Dublin, National College of Ireland, CSSI conference, and also learn about Student Affairs in Irish Universities.

Don't forget...I fully intend to have some adventures along the way! Do you want to come with me?

Since I won't have a cell phone for calling or texting I decided that I could tell you some of my stories along the way through a blog. You know how the Irish love to spin a yarn...and I definitely got the gift of gab along the way. If your name is Meghan Haggerty (also sounds like Me-gun Hegarty (daughter of Joseph Patrick and Shauna- can you get more Irish...and are C/O County Cork and County Donnegal) you know you're Irish.

I hope that I can re-tell some of my dram-awk-edies AKA Drama Filled Awkward Comedies. (*Barnes, you're my eternal confidant in these strange, funny, and weird times...) Pictures, stories, and links to my adventures will soon follow.

TO DO (before I leave Indy in two days):
*collect BU gear, publications, and work to get done over the month of June
*work on/finish my first international presentation/talk for the CSSI conference
*pack lots and lots of clothes to prepare for conference gear, work gear, and fun Dublin exploring
*say goodbye to the cat :( for a whole month...thanks Hamilton for being a pseudo mom for her...
*say hasta luego until July...bye Friends! bye Butler! bye Indy! I'll MISS YOU!
*visit the fam in Maryland for a few days...Haggerty's and Elletts here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment