Friday, June 5, 2009

Karma...Bad Travel Karma...

I don't know what or how I have offended the powers that be in the travel world...but I swear they are out to get me. It never fails, I always end up on the flight that is delayed, overbooked, or gets cancelled. And inevitably I am the passenger that gets rebooked on a later flight, or gets bumped completely.

Dear Airport Adminstration, Airlines, Security Personnel,

I swear I am a good traveler. I come early, check in with bags under weight requirements and with my name on the tags so my bag is easily identifiable. I don't bring liquids in bottles. I wear slip on shoes and put them on the belt the appropriate way. I don't wear any metal other than jewelry. I unpack and repack my bags quickly before and after the x-ray machine. I will gladly submit myself to a public inspection with the little magic beeping wand if my name pops up in your "random" selection system. I won't stomp my feet or take deep heavy breaths and sighs if you need to recheck my stuff.

I will wait patiently in line to get on the plane when my section and row is called. There is no need to push, everyone will get on the plane and get a seat, we're all headed in the same direction. I'll smile at you when you take my card. :) When I get on the plane, I will sit in my seat quietly. I will bring items that fit under the seat in front of me, and don't take up space in the overhead bin. More than likely, I will fall asleep before we even taxi off the runway and sleep for most of the 2 hour flight when we are in the air.

So is it too much to ask that I make it on the plane? I swear I will be a good patron!
What did I ever do to you that was so wrong?

Can you show me a little travel love? Or at least tell me some insider secrets to get into your good graces?

Sincerely,

a traveler, namely: Meghan Haggerty (Please fix your system and take my name off of your naughty list!)

Today's traveling mis-adventures:
Today I arrived over two and a half hours early for my flight, checked in, got my bags to the counter, and was about to walk through security when I realized I didn't know what gate I was looking for. I went to the monitors and found the DC listings and there was a cancellation. It was my flight of course, but here's the thing, why didn't the Delta rep that handed me my baggage tags and wished me a safe flight tell me before I walked all the way to the atrium in the airport? Hmmm...Delta rep that was not a smooth move. Since I had gotten to the airport so early I had tons of time to just wait in line, but my bags had to get rerouted. I am still on a direct flight, but I've just been hanging at the airport for about two hours already and have another hour or so to go. Thank goodness for my laptop and free WiFi! :) I just wish that instead of sitting next to a floor to ceiling window of the beautiful weather I could be outside. Oh well.

Also...at least it is here in Indy and not waiting for my international flight to Dublin.

So if you have some connections to the powers that be at Delta, or have some good juju for travel that you could send to me...start it now. I need all the help I can get. :)

2 comments:

  1. Note to self: Meghan Haggerty is a terrorist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...very funny. And look, I got kicked off my flight. Hope you're happy. :(

    ReplyDelete